Sunday 28 July 2013

Whitby - I Love Whitby!

Am just back from a couple of days in Whitby.  It is such a lovely little seaside town.  I was looking forward to seeing the Abbey - and I have to say I wasn't disappointed.  It was well worth the 199 steps to get up to it!



Loved also seeing the colourful beach huts.


While we were there, we saw the rescue helicopter called out twice! A warning to be careful around the cliffs and seaside areas when on holiday.


All in all it was a lovely two days.  It is a kind of awkward place to get to from where I live and we decided to head back via Carlisle which involved going cross country from Whitby.  All was going well until we got near Penrith when there was a huge hold up - cue diversions and doubling back.  7 hours later (yes 7 hours!) arrived home.

York pictures soon.

Mich :)

No comments:

Post a Comment