Sunday 12 February 2012

Handmade Monday

Wow Monday comes around so fast!  I hope that the weather has improved for you all - strangely, we had no snow though it was cold but only until Thursday when the temps came up a bit. Today it was actually really nice here and not cold - I wore my thick jacket while out with Mindy and was actually too hot!

First off, I want to say a huge thank you to Jill over at Christmas Pie Crafts who awarded me the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is given to bloggers who have up to 200 followers in the hope it will bring them new followers and friends. The tradition is that is is then passed on to five other bloggers to help them too. I will be doing this in a separate blog post. Thanks again Jill x

I meant to update on Mindy's trip to the vet re. her paw last week - seems to be getting better and the red patch is shrinking so think the cream the vet gave us is helping.  Mindy is not too keen when she sees me slipping on my latex gloves to apply it! I also have to watch her like a hawk that she doesn't lick the cream off!



I have been making a few recycled  'rubber rings' as I'm really enjoying wearing them and making them.  They are comfortable to wear and I'm enjoying coming up with different designs.  Not sure if I will put these on my website for sale or just make for myself.




Finally some crochet - have been 'crocodiling' again - made this chunky crocodile cowl.  This stitch does take a long time to do but I like the effect when it's done.  


Now pop over to 1st Unique Gifts and see what everyone else has been up to. 

Have a great week everyone!
Mich :) 

22 comments:

  1. You are very welcome Mich. A great blog post and pleased that Mindy's paw is getting better. Lots of lovley makes this week, but especially like the crocodiling. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Mindy, know what you mean about the latex gloves they run a mile, so funny. Love the crochet always admire anyone that can do this craft, me can do a long chain but double dutch as to how to do the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love those rubber rings so I'll be checking them out on your website come pay day!I love the crochet cowl too-lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the crochet - very impressive! The ring is fab too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award. Poor Mindy, Even I run from latex gloves so.....
    Your crochet is very pretty, I do crochet but only bog standard stitches, I have no idea how to do that one, maybe I can learn it one day, when I have time, or the inclination. Life is full of 'maybe's'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool crochet! Mine always looks rubbish! Even a stupid dog/cat can be very quick on the uptake when it comes to being medicated or going to the V-e-t. Hope she gets better and you can go back to being the good guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The crochet stitch looks really effective, am going to look it up!
    Well done on the award :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen if you click on the crocodile tag it will bring up another post I did on this stitch and there is a link to a tutorial Mich :)

      Delete
  8. The crocodile stitch looks interesting. I've not crocheted for years. I like the ring to very different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi...can't believe it is almost Valentines day already how the new year disappears so fast is beyond me!
    Enjoy your week x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sadly I am allergic to rubber against my skin, so not hold ups or our lovely rubber jewellery for me but it does look super. Glad to hear that the dog is on the road to recovery... love the way that they will lick anything no matter how grim it tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your ring looks really good, well done.
    The snow is going from here but it is still Brrrrrrr cold.

    Have a good week

    Jan :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely sell those rings, they will be a hit for sure! Your dog is gorgeous, always love to see a photo of our four legged friends :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that crocheting it looks really different I've not seen that pattern before. Poor little doggie hope he gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy Mindy's foot is on the "mend". :) I like the rubber ring, would love to see more photos, and the crochet stitch looks so intricate and pretty. It's been very cold here for FL glad your weather is better. I'm sure our cold would be warm to you tho. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should sell those rings. They look really good. Glas to hear that Mindy is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am lovin' that recycled ring - it's very funky indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Know the Dog/vet frustraiton well. Think I might have shares in the company that makes those funnel collars. Husband thinks our dogs breed were selectively bred by vets to keep them in business!
    Lovely crocheting

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the crocodile stitch,yet to try it though.love the ring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the crochet stitch - it looks so effective! I have never been able to master the art of Crochet but so widh I could!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Its definately warmed up a lot here too, no snow left in sight which is brilliant. I really do like that crocodile crochet, its so effective and different. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. We've had no snow either - kids are disappointed. Hope Mindy is much better now, Like the crocodile crochet (it just sounds so good!)
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete